BDO in Estonia welcomes a new Audit Partner
31 March 2020
The fast-growing auditing, accounting, and business advisory firm BDO Estonia welcomes a new Partner, Head of Audit & Assurance Services Mariliis Rahkema as of 31 March 2020.
Mariliis will take over the management of BDO Estonia's audit business line from Partner Sven Siling, and will be responsible for coordinating the BDO Estonia audit team, developing the business line, and arranging the involvement of cooperation partners for different auditing activities. She has more than 10 years of audit experience, which includes a variety of professional assurance services to international and local businesses and the public sector. She has worked with customers in a number of sectors such as retail, manufacturing, agriculture, software, real estate, professional services, healthcare and the public sector. Prior to joining BDO Estonia, Mariliis worked as a technical standards group manager at BDO's UK office. She is a performance-oriented financial specialist with strong technical knowledge in financial reporting and auditing standards, IFRS, consolidation and group reporting, and is a valuable team leader with strong communication and coaching skills.
According to Sulev Luiga, Managing Partner and Chairman of the Management Board, bringing Mariliis Rahkema on board is a logical step for BDO Estonia to secure the growth and specialize in auditing and consulting services. “Mariliis' motivation to develop the audit business line creates the potential that BDO Estonia needs to achieve its long-term development goals. Mariliis is an experienced financial accounting and auditing expert with international experience that gives her a clear competitive edge over many others.” Partner Sven Siling, who has led audit business line in BDO Estonia for many years welcomes Mariliis, and sees her coming as a positive opportunity to reduce his burden of day-to-day management of the business line and focus himself more on client service, his role at the Estonian Auditors Association and being a lecturer. Sven Siling continues to render audit services under BDO brand.
BDO Eesti AS has the following shareholders as of March 31, 2020:
- Karin Luiga
- Mariliis Rahkema
- Maris Männik - Gaite Cruz
- Sulev Luiga
- Sven Siling
- Tiiu Mõttus
Within more than 40 years of operation, BDO in Estonia has became one of the leading professional services firm in the Estonian market. BDO is a partner for the demanding and ambitious clients that need support for their core business from competent professionals that understand the nature of the business. BDO works closely with its´ clients and helps them to achieve their targets and face their challenges by tapping its´ skills and expertise.
- BDO network is an international professional association of independent accounting and business advisory firms using a common business name and the registered trademark "BDO" owned by Stichting BDO.
- The BDO network was established in its present form in 1963 and the BDO brand is an acronym for the original partners of the companies: Binder Hamlyn (UK), Dijker & Co (Netherlands) and Otte & Co (Germany).
- As at September 30, 2019, the BDO network had more than 88,120 employees in 1,600 offices in 167 countries.
- BDO network total revenue for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2019 was $ 8.5 billion.
- The consolidated sales revenue of BDO Eesti AS for the financial year ended 30 September 2019 exceeded 2 million euros.