Regulatory compliance is becoming increasingly complex and the power and reach of regulators continues to expand.
Estonian legislation imposes the obligation to perform certain special purpose engagements which can only be conducted by certified public accountants. These include, for instance, expressing an opinion on:
- adequacy of the value of non-monetary contributions;
- special subject matter;
- reports on the takeover of the shares of non-controlling shareholders;
- merger and demerger agreements;
- different reports to be submitted to the Financial Supervision Authority;
- regulatory compliance of transactions.
Each such engagement is tailored and designed to fit the client’s requests and needs.
Compliance engagements conducted in accordance with international standards
Depending on the nature of the work and the agreement with the client, we conduct compliance engagements as assurance engagements or engagements to perform agreed-upon procedures.
Application of international professional standards allows our auditors to approach the subject matter systematically and offer the client a professional solution.