At BDO we know what’s important when your business expands across borders. You need to be confident that you’ll be able to access the same level of responsiveness in your advisors; and that they’ll have a deep understanding of the nuances that exist in different jurisdictions.
Our BDO international network spans more than 110 countries providing an extensive global reach, enabling us to help you maximise worldwide opportunities and globally integrated tax solutions.
The depth and breadth of capability across the globe ensures you have access to the highest quality of tax advisors wherever you transact business. Each country has dedicated tax specialists with the requisite knowledge and experience to help you deal with any cross-border issues. We also work closely with our corporate finance experts in capital raisings and listing to provide complete and seamless advice on transactions and to ensure the tax issues are fully understood.
Our international tax specialists can advise you in the following areas.
International transactions and tax planning
- Foreign enterprises considering investing in Estonia including the choice of entity, the mode of investment and the tax implications arising from cross-border funds flow.
- Estonian businesses expanding internationally with the assistance of our global network of BDO partners.
- In depth tax planning considerations including whether to set up a regional hub, the best holding company jurisdiction, how to manage unintended consequences, what structures are most appropriate, how to maximise cash repatriation (eg through transfer pricing, royalty charges or management fees) and local laws concerning documentation.
Controlled foreign corporations (CFC)
- Advising Estonian companies on the most tax effective way to expand by establishing new investments in foreign locations
- Determining whether the CFC rules will apply to attribute any foreign income back to the Estonian companies
- Assist you in determining the impact of those outcomes.
Non-resident capital gains tax issues
- Advising on the tax implications of non-resident enterprises disposing of Estonian assets or shares in Estonian entities that hold taxable Estonian real property.
- Advising on the tax implications on international flow of interest, dividends and royalties.
What’s important about the BDO global network of tax professionals is that all countries operate in the same way. We share the same goal to deliver an exceptional technical outcome with a focus on you and your business objectives. We also meet regularly at a range of forums. Through these personal connections you can be assured that the service you receive in Estonia will be mirrored by our colleagues across the globe.