It is not easy to achieve a quality payroll. Variations in rules and regulations and the need to maintain the confidentiality of personal information mean that companies need a reliable business team to support them. Companies often experience difficulty in achieving a consistent payroll function for their domestic operations or across multiple countries.
By partnering with BDO, you can be sure of a consistent, high quality payroll service ensuring compliance and attention to detail at all times. BDO understands the complexities, resources and expertise required to deliver a payroll service in Estonia and internationally, on time, every time. Whether you are a small business looking to take on your first employees or a larger, global organisation looking to outsource your payroll service, we are able to assist.
BDO’s Estonian team currently operates payrolls for more than 3,500 employees. Our largest client is a multinational with 850 employees. Through the BDO international network, we can offer coverage of other countries where your company operates or is planning to operate.
You will not have to deal with payroll software, its updates and technical problems. The most commonly used payroll software programs are Taavi Palk and Persona but at the client’s request other solutions are possible. We offer different interfaces for interacting with the client’s accounting software. BDO’s payroll team puts a lot of effort in developing the payroll service and simplifying the technical solutions offered.
We work alongside your finance and human resources teams to provide services including but not limited to:
- Registration of employees in the Tax and Customs Board’s Employment Register
- Payroll operations (including computation of advance payments, overtime pay, additional remuneration for work on public holidays and other additional remuneration)
- Preparation of compensation payments for use of personal cars at bank, preparation of a financial records file, submission of form INF14
- Calculation of final settlements (including final settlement, holiday compensation, termination benefits, etc.)
- Calculation of holiday pay (holiday pay before beginning of holiday)
- Calculation of sickness benefits
- Preparation of remuneration records and payments file, submission to client for uploading
- Distribution of payslips to employees’ emails
- Preparation of form TSD text file, submission to client for uploading
- Provision of payroll information to auditors
- Preparation of statistical reports related to payroll
- Payroll-related tax consultations
- Administration of electronic certificates of incapacity for work
- Internal reporting based on company-specific requirements